Monday, 16 April 2012

Loveliness in the post.

Isn't it lovely to get mail! Bub and I make an adventure of checking the mail box each afternoon and on Friday we received two lovely packages.

The first was from our Secret Easter Bunny swap via The Natural Parent. I follow them on Facebook and last month became the Regional Admin for TNP Australia. (I'll blog about this more in my Slow Living Month post soon).

This is what my lovely SEB sent: 2 TNP Magazines, a block of scrumptious Fair Trade Dark Chocolate, a pretty painted wooden egg and a Maisy Book for Rilla. It was such a thoughtful gift to get. (I'll share what I sent once I know my SEB has received it!).


Bub loving rolling the egg.



Our other package was from the lovely Jo at Indigo Inspirations. I have been a happy and interested follower of Jo's since she started up her blog last year and have been pouring over her shop pages each week so I was very happy when I finally placed an order with her. She is one of those people that I feel as though I know though we have yet to meet in person, though one day I hope to visit her shop in person. I can't recommend her and her gorgeous products highly enough. These were our goodies that arrived very quick, even with Easter taking place.


Gorgeous hand dyed wool, a rainbow of wonderful felt and a sweet Easter tin for bub.


I'm in love with this wool and plan to make Rilla this vest with hood for her second birthday. It'll be my first attempt at crocheting something other than a blanket or wash cloth. Wish me luck! 

Here are some more photos of our lovely package. 




We added our new egg and tin to our current Easter Autumn nature table. This is what it looks like now.


Some felt leaves, a feather from our chooks (Velda's), a felt Bunny, a little wooden vase that we place sprigs in, some dried leaves, a wheat grass egg, a jar of sticks (Bub can't get enough sticks!) with our newest additions. We also have Autumn water colour painting. We had our Summer one up earlier this year but I never got a chance to share it. At the start of each Season we do a new painting together for the table. 

The apples in this one are bubs fingerprints, which always makes me smile when I see them.

I hope you've enjoyed sharing in our packages and nature table. Have you received any fun mail lately? Or had any new finds for your nature space?

5 comments:

  1. Love that wool - gorgeous colour! Hope you all had a lovely easter x
    I have passed on an award to you - pop by to read more :) http://thelittlegnomeshome.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic packages, my Miss Two would just about die of excitement at receiving a Maisy book in the mail! The wool and felt look fantastic too.

    I love your Autumn display and the painting with bub's fingerprints, great idea! I'm certainly no painter, but I do like the idea of collecting bits and pieces to represent the season, I might steal that one.

    By the way, I've been having trouble commenting using my wordpress account (thenewgoodlife.wordpress.com) so I set up a Google account. You don't seem to have the name/URL option that most blogger accounts have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara,

      Thanks for stopping by. I love how excited two year olds can get over books, though I still do too.

      The painting one is fun, but I had to be mindful that it might not turn out as desired (little fingers helping!), though I am happy with the end result : )

      Thanks for letting me know, will have a look into it.

      Best to you, Stacey

      Delete
  4. Oh Stacey, I have only just found this post...I am so sorry I didn't see it earlier. I have just subscribed to your posts by email (which seems to work better for me) so I won't miss anymore.
    Thanks so much for all your lovely words and I hope to meet you one day.
    xoxo Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...