Sunday, 18 March 2012

A few tasty dishes

we have been eating lately. I love cooking and cook the majority of the meals we eat around here, but I must admit sometimes I get caught in a bit of a food rut. So this past week I dove into the library books and blogs that I love to source some new ideas to make our meals tastier. Here's a few of my favourites...

A organic Lamb mince & veg pizza on a Besan base. The base is made with the recipe I found over at the wonderful The Little Gnome last year and I've been meaning to try ever since. I can highly recommend it.


This is a quick delicous twist on a family favourite: Shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash from Lee Holmes' Supercharged Food that I've blogged about previously. A wonderful source of inspiration.


One morning we had these scrumptious Carrot and Zucchini pancakes with organic butter and maple syrup. They were delicious and we made enough for afternoon tea. I adapted the recipe from This Whole Family, omitting the potato (because we didn't have any) adding more carrot and zucchini and more flour.


Lastly I want to share this Mushroom and Capsicum Tart in a Polenta Crust, adapted slightly from Sprouted Kitchen's wonderful recipe, another one I had been wanting to make for ages and finally got around to. This is really simple but tasty, definitely added on to my meals master list.

I'm always on the look out for new, different or "more wholesome" recipes, please let me know of some of your favourite recipes, food blogs or books. 


4 comments:

  1. Your cooking looks delicious. I have recently done the same thing - exploring lots of cook books to change the usual weekly meals. Loving lots of meat on the bone (slow cooked) as it means I don't have to slave over stove, then using the bones to make stock for soup and pretty much everything :)

    Your chickens look just lovely and the little girl - oh my she has grown! Hope you are all well. xx

    ps - the cake I made was flour less chocolate and hazelnut cake, served with copious amounts of raw clotted cream and raspberries! YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Natalie. Meat on the bone is so easy and effective isn't it, and so enjoyable as we move into the colder months.

      Bub is growing up fast it feels now, but she's still our "baby". We are well and wish you the same. And thanks for the cake, it looked decandant! x

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacey

    i have been looking for new meals and came to the right place! These look like nice Winter meals too. Thank you~

    Have a good day
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne,

      Thanks for dorping by and commenting. They really are lovely meals, such wonderful bloggers out there : )

      Hope you're well,
      Stacey

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...