Thursday, 29 September 2011

Lucky me!

Last month I was lucky enough to read a blog post at just the right time to email about being a pattern tester for Little Big Girl Studio's Convertible Clutch pattern. I had just finished my first bag (not including a few t-shirt totes) using a pattern in a book from the library and was looking at what next to tackle when Vanessa sent the call out.

I loved the look of this bag and I was so excited when I was chosen to test and then filled with fear! Maybe I wasn't an advanced beginner, but just a lonely old beginner. I needn't of worried. Vanessa's instructions complete with photos were great. Clear and helpful.




This was my finished bag, the fabric is one I blogged about here. I really liked the way it turned out. It only took me 3.5 hours to do and that's from printing out the pattern to finishing, I'm pretty sure I could do it quicker next time. I can't wait to make more for a few Christmas presents, this one has been gifted to a friend as a belated birthday present. It was almost given a home here!

I was considering trying to do a few and enter one into Purse Week at a Lemon Squeezy Home but haven't had the time. Something to aim for next year. If you haven't already you should drop by the Flikr group and check out the amazing bags being created.

x




4 comments:

  1. How very cool...nice title 'pattern tester' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's going on between Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middelton? Please read full info here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...