Friday, 16 September 2011

Coming and Going.

Same old record: It's been a very busy few weeks around here! We have just returned from a holiday in Qld where we celebrated two of our dear friends getting married. It was such a lovely spring day by the beach, and we also caught up with my family including my Nana who at 89 is still living on her own despite a few falls this year. She's an amazing lady. It was cherished time to see my baby play with my Nana.

Before we left though, one of my closest friends farewelled Sydney for the final time. She's moved back to Brisbane to be closer to her growing family and though I miss her terribly I couldn't be happier for her. Things happen for a reason I feel. On the morning she was leaving we had a morning tea, where I busted out my new china and whipped up some scrummy (more) healthy treats.


I was sent this cake stand from the UK by my Mother in Law for my recent birthday. Isn't it lovely? I had wanted a cake stand for so long but never found one to my taste and this one is just darling. You may have noticed that each layer has a different print?  They are re purposed china plates simply fashioned to allow the tiers to be created. It's such a basic, but fun idea and another way to create and reuse items. I would love to make my own version at some stage.

For morning tea I served up (top to bottom) Cacao Bliss Balls, Wholemeal Spelt Apricot Shortbread Crumble and Whole Strawberry Spelt Muffins.

I love food! All food, but I seem to have an awfully sweet tooth, so I have been trying to create more wholesome, healthy alternatives to my usual fare. Don't get me wrong there is always going to be a place in this house for Nana's caramel tart or pumpkin scone, but it's nice to try new things as well.

Today I am going to share with you my take on the Bliss Ball.




Cocao Bliss Balls:

1/4 Cup of Cocao
1 cup of Prunes
1/2 cup of Sultanas
1 Tbs of Honey
1/4 cup of LSA

(we used all organic ingredients).

In a blender place the Cocao and blend til powder like (some lumps are fine if you don't mind them). Continue to blend adding in your prunes and sultanas, (these are pretty much your wet ingredient and binding agent, so add more if needed!). When they are blended well stop and place the mixture in a bowl. With a metal spoon add the honey and LSA and mix well. Then simply roll into balls and set in the fridge!

This recipe can easily be adapted adding other dried fruit, nuts or seeds. Has anyone else got a Bliss Ball variation to share?

Recently we've revamped our eating and shopping...here's a sneak peak...more soon : )




3 comments:

  1. Gotta love a wedding on the beach in spring... my daughter was married on the beach at Cronulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments over at SewMamaSew, Stacey. I also make these yummy energy treats for my family. I hand them to the kid's pals and call them fudge and they are gobbled right up. MMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are two variations that we regularly make http://motherrhythm.blogspot.com/2011/02/our-little-earth-playgroup_10.html
    http://motherrhythm.blogspot.com/2010/10/goodie-balls.html the second is their favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...