Friday, 8 July 2011

Shampoo free...

and loving it! No, that doesn't mean that I haven't been washing my hair but rather I haven't been buying or using shampoo to wash my hair. I've been using what is commonly referred to as the "no-poo" method of massaging a Bi-carb paste onto my head/scalp, rinsing well with water and then "washing" with an apple cider vinegar (ACV) and water mix to cleanse.

 I first found out about this method over at Sorta Crunchy. Then I kept seeing it everywhere including natural remedy books I would borrow from the library so I've finally given it a go. And I have to say...I LOVE IT! My hair feels great, it's not tangled, dry, oily, frizzy or anything bad! For those who don't know my hair (hahaha) I have long -ish, wavy hair that I would usually say is unruly, but not anymore : )

It's true that the ingredients don't behave in the way that we are conditioned to expect from a personal cleaning product. The usual signs of large amounts of foam or bubbles and strong scents are missing from the method, but you know what? My vinegar bench spray doesn't do the same thing as a "normal" cleaner and yet it does the job perfectly without chemicals or side effects.

I have been using natural organic based products for years now and while they would make me feel good about my purchase I was somehow still in the never ending cycle of trying to find that "one" shampoo and conditioner that would make my hair "perfect", but it would never happen. It didn't matter the cost involved (cheap or expensive), nothing was ever quite right and although it's only been a short time using the bi-carb and ACV I'm feeling positive that I won't be found scratching my head in confusion down the shampoo aisle of my store anytime soon! It's cheaper, friendlier and it is working : )

I'm also working on making my own face wash, body wash and moisturiser so stay tuned for those updates! And if anyone has any links or suggestions towards making these please leave me a comment : )

Hope this finds you happy and well. x

2 comments:

  1. Ive heard about this hair washing method lots of times and always meant to try it. I moisturise with sweet almond oil which works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, I've read about that and have bought some but haven't used it much yet, just twiice in fact! I'm considering adding some beeswax to it also, not sure if that'll be good or bad! Thanks for dropping by and commenting...I love your blog : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...