Sunday, 26 June 2011

To market, to market...

to buy a cute pig! We went to our Steiner School's end of Term Market on Friday and picked up so many goodies : )


I managed to get some felt and wool which I'll use to make some things for bub and a few gifts for some lovely little ones. We also picked up a blue play silk which bubba loves. Watching her wind it around and throw it over her head is fast becoming a favourite way to spend playtime and reconfirms to me that it's the simple things that provide the most happiness.

Our Friend from The Little Gnomes Home had a stall and we eagerly bought two felt kits from her; one to make a cute pig and the other to make a beautiful Peeping Violet. Can't wait to make these!

And lastly we also picked up this darling Wattle baby...it's she divine : ) I adore Winter Wattle it's one of my favourite flowers.


Yesterday we received the very best item so far off Freecycle. I placed a wanted ad on for a child's/toddler size wooden table and chair as I have been wanting to get Rilla a set for a little while now, so decided to put it out into the universe but to be honest I didn't expect to hear anything so was pleasantly surprised when I got a response. Mister went and picked it up after work yesterday and I was even more pleased when I saw it....


It needs a little TLC but I love it and I think bub likes it too. I'll post some photos as we restore it...

Just a reminder that I had a Pay It Forward Giveaway earlier this month and there are still two spots left if you're keen, just go here, thanks!

Wishing you warmth and laughter. xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love to hear that you've got Freecycle in Australia, too... I LOVE Freecycle. I've never acquired anything as lovely as that chair and table you got for your wee girl. In fact, I've never received anything at all from my local Freecycle community, but I've given away so many things to happy recipients... things which were otherwise headed for the dump... light fixtures we pulled off the exterior of our house, an old sewing machine I was tired of fussing over, well used baby goods, etc...

    And I love your post about the alternative hair washing system you've been using. I may try it... I've got a mass of unmanageable, fine, wavy hair and I'm very curious how my hair would react...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...