Sunday, 12 June 2011

Birthday present...

It's my Niece L's 3rd Birthday today! I made her this dress....


It was the second thing that I made on my sewing machine, and I loved every minute of it. Again, I'm still learning and I know it's far from perfect but I really love how it turned out. What do you think?!

The flower fabric is a vintage print that I picked up from The Fabric Cave, which is part of Achieve Australia's Vintage and Value Enterprises which is run by volunteers with the money raised is used to "support over 550 people with disability or who experience disadvantage across accommodation, employment and day services with plans for a respite facility". It's a great place for a bargain while helping out those who need an extra helping hand. Head along if you get the chance.

The opening hours of the Fabric Cave are:   
  • Monday: 9am-2pm
  • Friday: 9am-2pm
  • 1st Sunday of the month: 9am-Midday
Also, if you missed it, I'm doing my first giveaway...a Pay It Forward...please look here and please join or invite your friends to do so, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...